Tuesday, December 2, 2008

how long till the next mayoral election?

Wow, I'm seriously hating Daley right now. Like whoa.

My friends* over at Chicagoist brought us this gem this afternoon: City Buying Police Department 2,000 SUVs, Still No New Officers.

The cost of these SUV? Almost fifty-three million dollars.

I haven't liked the superintendent since his start (in the not too distant past), but it's pretty clear now that he's a slimeball. How could he go along with Daley (slimeball as well) giving this much money to the police department for cars when he knows that crime is up** and they [claim they] don't have money to hire more officers?!?!?!

If you have a minute, go read the Chicagoist posting. Seriously. Their commentary is excellent, spot-on.

_____________________________________________________
* I actually do have a friend who writes for Chicagoist on the weekends.
** I have no proof of this, but I suspect crime's gone up since Weis has been superintendent. That's worth researching.

No comments: