Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Little Victories

I got up at 5am and went to the gym. I was in the pool before 6:30.

[insert applause here]

I'm hoping that consistency is key. I'm looking at getting up at 5 every morning and going to swim Tuesdays-Fridays. On Mondays, I take the 6:48 train, instead of the usual 7:38, because I like to have more than 20 minutes in the office before my first meeting of the day (which is a department meeting on Mondays).

Breakfast has been posing a problem in this plan, though. This morning, a stroke of brilliance hit around 5:15 -- pack oatmeal! I scooped the oats and brown sugar into a gladware, and I stopped for a cup of hot water (...ok, and a latte) at Starbucks. Prepped the oatmeal and put it back in my bag and POOF! I had warm, ready to eat oatmeal on the train.

Not a bad start to the day. I forgot to bring a project for Knitting Lunch, but I remembered to pack leftover pizza for lunch.

All in all, not a bad start to a Tuesday.

I'm tellin' ya, it's all about the little victories.

No comments: