Thursday, April 10, 2008

this changes my whole day

I planned my day around going to a student presentation between 12 and 1 today. I scheduled an afternoon meeting late enough for me to get back to my office and not have to hurry. I ate lunch in the 11:00 hour so I wouldn't be starving at 1. I drank all of my water, planning to refill my Nalgene bottle in the library--the water here in the Butch is undrinkable, so I bring a full Nalgene from home everyday.

I began to wonder why I wasn't getting my appointment reminder, but I shrugged it off to be only set for 15 minutes before the event. As I was getting my bag together to go, I realized I didn't know where I was going, so I popped onto Facebook to check the event location.

It's next Thursday.

I now have no excuse to go out in the rain to interact with people. That thought makes me a little stir crazy. It's not like I haven't seen students or our admin today--I've seen plenty of folks. It's just the sudden thought of not having a change of scenery that makes me a little bonkers. Maybe I'll go sit in the big common room downstairs and crochet. Man, I'm a dork.

No comments: