Tuesday, June 2, 2009

how to make me squee like a little girl

Amanda (she'll always be Ajay to me) over at The Martha Initiative is a friend from high school/grad school. Last weekend, she went to the Wilton Tent Sale, which sounded like it would be awesome. Knowing that I use Wilton dyes to dye yarn, she offered to send me her cast-offs after restocking with new dyes; apparently, they don't taste as good after awhile, and she uses them for their original intent--baking, icing, etc. Not only did she get an awesome haul at the tent sale, but she's sending me TWENTY-FIVE jars of dye.

*dies from the awesome*

Honestly, even without the dyes, Ajay and The Martha Initiative make my days happier because that girl is funny. I don't know if it's just because I can actually imagine her doing and saying the things she writes, but I'm amused with each new post. If you're interested in domestic goddessness with a sense of humor, go check her out. For serious.

Thanks, Ajay!

1 comment:

Amanda Grant said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for the endorsement. ;) The colors should be arriving tomorrow, so keep an eye out for them. And don't feel obligated to crochet me a scarf or blanket or anything...nope, no need for that! But, if you felt like it....

Just kidding. Enjoy the colors and post more pictures of the process and results!

hugs,
amanda