Sunday, November 15, 2009

I hear Miss Hannigan...

... and she's screaming, "KILL! KILL!"

There are so, so many reasons why I hate UnitedHeathlcare. Here's today, reason #457:

Taking my morning pills, I though, "Hm, it's been awhile since I ordered that prescription and since they called to say it'd been shipped. I better go online and check."

Sure enough, it was shipped on October 27th. Via UPS. And delivered on October 29th.

And left at our front door. Outside. In Chicago.

UPS freaking left my $200 in prescriptions at the freaking front door. And, they were promptly stolen. The package was left without a signature. Who even sends stuff without requiring a signature? And, who sends SOMEONE'S MEDICATION without requiring a signature? What the fuck?! In the past 3 1/2 years with UHC, I've never had my meds come UPS. If I knew they were coming UPS, I would have had them sent to work to be signed for, which is exactly what I told the lady on the phone.

Even better? I have to pay for a whole new shipment. I shit you not. After 25 days of the package going missing, I can officially request a refund. Until then, the package can't be officially gone. For 25 days, someone gets my 3 months of drugs and all my info, and I pay another $200 and cross my fingers that the package arrives before I run out of meds. Unfuckingbelievable.

(I will admit I should have checked on this sooner, not that it would have mattered in the 25-day business.)

EPIC FAIL. Way to go, UHC. Way to go.

Where's my public option? I need the hell out of UHC's reach.

No comments: