Wednesday, November 4, 2009

why I like my colleagues

I had several great chats with colleagues yesterday -- some about work and some purely social. I really like the people I work with.

I just got an email from a colleague that really made me smile. She and I are working with a student who needs help with test-taking. She's bringing over the student's exams for the semester so that the student and I can go over them. I'm essentially "checking out" the exams from her because her department doesn't release them to students. Here's our email exchange:

Her: When do you want me to drop off/ or when do you want to pick up the exams?

Me: If you feel like getting out, I've assigned myself homework between 10 and 11, so I'll definitely be in my office then. I can also plan to stop by whenever you're free.

Her: We need to talk about 2 things. 1. What do you mean "you assigned yourself homework" ? And 2. Why would you ever do such a thing? I'll bring over her stuff around 10.


She's the same person who turned me onto Cute Overload. It's clearly been a good week at work so far.

3 comments:

Anne said...

FYI: Your feed is fixed! Yay for that.
Now if you can just turn off the goofy word verification thing your blog will be exactly the way I want it. Which is clearly the goal here. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Teryn Girl, if you get my message here, just remember this. With all the crocheting of hats you do, you must have scads of them laying around. Hats are my favorite thing in life - next time you are at your grandma's house, leave me a hat. I will love you forever (I already do). And I will wear it all winter. Love you and Ann, Great Aunt Shirley - my e-mail is shirleyhazel@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Well, guess Teryn forgot her old aunt.??????