Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I fail at coffee, day 2

I guess they aren't kidding when they say "4 cups" on the side of the coffee grinder cup. Geez.

Maybe I need to reread the directions. I poured in enough beans to the 4-cup line and filled the house with the intoxicating smell of freshly ground coffee. I figured (and I was running late, as usual, with no time for consulting directions) that they meant 4-cups when it's actually ground. Knowing that my 4-cup mark of beans would made less ground coffee, I assumed it would be okay for my usual 3-cup travel mug. Boy was a wrong. I didn't even bother. While it wasn't sludgy, it was some of the darkest coffee I've ever made. Note to self: the lines on the coffee grinder must be for the amount of beans; make 4-cups of coffee tomorrow instead of 3.

At least we had cold Diet Pepsi.

This came after a night of tossing and turning with no Anne, who spent the night in Milwaukee rather than driving up at 5am this morning for an all-day inter-office training. The cats didn't like sleeping without her, either. Thankfully, she'll be home tonight. And, maybe she'll even remind me to read the coffee grinder directions. ;)

No comments: